1 hr 25 mins
This is delicious, easy to prepare, and great for company. Put it into the oven before your guests arrive and have the water and spinach ready to go. It comes together quick and easy. I have always used the skin on thighs and tossed the linguine with all pan juices. For a lower fat version; you could substitute skinless chicken thighs and/or remove a some of the pan drippings before adding the spinach and pasta (keep in mind that is where all the flavor is and is the sauce for the pasta). Spaghetti or whole-wheat pasta may also be substituted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (may use more or less)
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken thighs, rinsed and patted dry (about 8)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Melt butter in a 13”x 9”x 3” baking pan in preheated 400 F oven; then remove pan from oven.
- 2Stir onion, garlic, basil and red pepper flakes into the melted butter.
- 3Place chicken, skin side down, in butter mixture; then turn over.
- 4Bake uncovered, until meat next to bone is no longer pink when slashed with knife (about 45 minutes).
- 5Place thawed spinach in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out liquid, set aside.
- 6Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, cook linguine about 10 – 13 minutes. (do this about 10 minutes before chicken is done).
- 7When chicken is done, remove thighs from pan and keep warm.
- 8Add spinach to the pan and stir to scrape browned bits free.
- 9Then add pasta and Parmesan cheese; toss together until all is incorporated.
- 10Put pasta into a large bowl, top with chicken thighs and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Chicken and Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.2
- Calories from Fat 453
- Total Fat 50.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 214.5 mg
- Sodium 580.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 48.2 g