Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is delicious, easy to prepare, and great for company. Put it into the oven before your guests arrive and have the water and spinach ready to go. It comes together quick and easy. I have always used the skin on thighs and tossed the linguine with all pan juices. For a lower fat version; you could substitute skinless chicken thighs and/or remove a some of the pan drippings before adding the spinach and pasta (keep in mind that is where all the flavor is and is the sauce for the pasta). Spaghetti or whole-wheat pasta may also be substituted.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (may use more or less)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs, rinsed and patted dry (about 8)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Melt butter in a 13”x 9”x 3” baking pan in preheated 400 F oven; then remove pan from oven.
- Stir onion, garlic, basil and red pepper flakes into the melted butter.
- Place chicken, skin side down, in butter mixture; then turn over.
- Bake uncovered, until meat next to bone is no longer pink when slashed with knife (about 45 minutes).
- Place thawed spinach in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out liquid, set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, cook linguine about 10 – 13 minutes. (do this about 10 minutes before chicken is done).
- When chicken is done, remove thighs from pan and keep warm.
- Add spinach to the pan and stir to scrape browned bits free.
- Then add pasta and Parmesan cheese; toss together until all is incorporated.
- Put pasta into a large bowl, top with chicken thighs and serve.
I just came on to 'Zaar to post this! I'm glad someone else likes it too. We use boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of things. This is my husband's specialty dinner; I often ask him to make it!
This easy dish makes a wonderful, satisfying meal that hubby and I both thoroughly enjoyed. I followed the recipe exactly except I used a little less red pepper flakes which worked fine for us. Don't miss out on making this....you won't be sorry. Thanks for sharing, JT'sMom.