Recipe by Homemade Gourmet Junkie
Recipe uses Homemade Gourmet's "Grandmother's Sunday Roast Seasoning". For more recipes using Homemade Gourmet mixes see "Homemade Gourmet Recipes"-http://www.recipezaar.com/cookbook.php?bookid=121496 In this recipe evaporated milk can be substituted for half-and-half. This makes a traditional, northern casserole with biscuit-like dumplings.
Top Review by derf1969
Hmmm... So good! My partner & I loved this meal. Thank you!!! Hey. Can you provide a link for the Cooking for 7 Homemade Gormet Recipes online book? From what I've read, it's free, but cannot locate it. I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks again. Super good!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon homemade gourmet grandmother's sunday beef roast seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 7 1⁄2 ounces bisquick buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large saucepan saute chopped chicken, onion, and celery until juices run clear. Drain (if necessary). Add remaining filling ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Pour into a 9-inch deep dish pie pan.
- For dumplings combine biscuit mix and cheese in a bowl. Stir in milk using a fork. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, until dumplings are golden brown, about 35 minutes.