Recipe by Mia #3
This is a very economical casseroles, and now adays who isn't on a budget? ??LOLOL You can make it just with the cheese, or if you want to elaberate a little you can add in 2 cups of cooked shrimp. I'm not sure where the receipe came from, when I got married all of my friends got together and each one wrote their favourite receipe and placed in a hand make wooden receipe box, so would keep as a memory. I still have that little receipe box after 31 yrs and treasure it dearly.
- 10 slices white bread
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (just a dash)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325º.
- Remove crusts from bread, cut into cubes.
- Beat eggs, milk, and seasonings with beater.
- Stir in bread cubes, cheese andon onion,and garlic. Pour into ungreased baking dish .
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or til center is set. Serve immediately.