Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Poppycock look alike rich with popcorn. Homemade facsimile is so addictive.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 6 quarts popped corn (sift out unpopped kernels)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- peanuts or pecans or walnuts or cashews
- In large saucepan,boil sugar,butter,syrup and salt for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add soda and flavoring.
- Stir well.
- Pour over popcorn and nuts.
- Spread on cookie sheet.
- Bake 200 degrees for 1 hour.
- Stirring at 15 minute intervals.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool until solidfy.
- Store in covered container to keep crisp.
This was delicious!! Plus being very easy to make too. I made it as a trial run for the holidays, and you can bet I will be making it then too. Thank you for posting.