Recipe by Crabbycakes
The buttery version, from Betty Crocker's Best of Christmas
Top Review by Claire #3
Yum. This caramel corn was buttery, crispy and did not burn. 200 for one hour seems to work. I did make 2 changes. I added a tablespoon of vanilla along with the baking soda and used 11 cups of popcorn.
- 15 cups popped popcorn (about 2/3 cup unpopped)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 200F.
- Divide popcorn between 2 ungreased rectangular pans, 13x9x2 inches.
- Heat brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly around edges.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
- Stir in baking soda.
- Pour mixture over popcorn; stir until well coated.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.