Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Friday night around the telly with your fav video, or just a great treat at parties.
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnut halves or 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves or 1 1⁄2 cups unblanched whole almonds
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 200ºF.
- Divide popcorn and pecans between 2 ungreased rectangular pans (13x9x2-in).
- Heat brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly around edges.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, Stir in baking soda.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and walnuts.
- Stir until well coated.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.