Recipe by Iowahorse
Also for: Doves, quail, snipe, woodcock, grouse, pheasant & rabbit
Top Review by teresas
What an excellent tasting dish! I prepared it with pheasant. DH thinks this may well be his favorite way to eat pheasant now. We don't really care for canned mushrooms so I made it with fresh. Just cut them in quarters and threw them in. I served it with wild rice. Like I said it's excellent. Thanks Iowahorse for posting.
- 6 teal duck breasts, deboned/halved
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup wine, sherry
- 2 cans button mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season teal breast halves with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a black iron pot and brown breast halves.
- Remove to baking dish.
- Add flour to butter in pot, stirring well.
- Brown a little or not, your taste.
- Slowly add chicken broth and sherry.
- Season to taste.
- Blend well and pour over teal.
- Add mushrooms and parsley.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour in a covered baking dish.
- Serve with wild rice.
- Also for: Doves, quail, snipe, woodcock, grouse, pheasant& rabbit.