Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
A recipe from Ina Garden.
Make and share this Oven Berry Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberry
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine berries and sugar in a small bowl and set aside. Place 4 (6 to 7 inch) individual gratin dishes on a baking sheet. Place 1 teaspoons of butter in each gratin dish and set aside.
- Place the eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on medium speed until combined. Add the milk and mix. Slowly add the flour, vanilla, lemon zest, 2 T of melted butter, and the salt and mix just until smooth. Whisk by hand if the batter is still lumpy.
- Place the gratin dishes in the oven for three minutes, until the butter is hot and bubbly. Make sure the butter covers the bottom of each dish. Divide the batter equally among the four dishes and bake 12-14 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned. Divide the berries among the dishes and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Add syrup if you wish. Serve hot!
The recipe was reduced to 2 servings and baked in an 8" cast iron skillet. I used
a medley of organic frozen Oregon-grown berries and added a dollop of sour cream to
each serving and light sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg. I think almond extract would make a good substitute for the vanilla extract. I especially thought the orange zest was a delicious addition. Easy to make! Reviewed for Best of 2010.
WOW... Really yummy. I fixed this for my kids and my niece and newphew for breakfast today. We all loved it. I didn't have any gratin pans, so I made mine in a shallow pie plate. I just made one big pancake and baked it about 16-18 minutes and then cut it up. It turned out great. The combination of berries on this was great. I can see even using strawberries. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for 1~2~3 Hit wonders.
Wow! This is really wonderful. I made this recipe this morning for my guests and it tasted great. The pancakes puff up beautifully. Another great recipe from Ina Garten. Thanks for posting. Made for Every Day is a Holiday tag.