Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 10 mins
This is an easy to prepare stew, baked in an oven-proof Dutch oven or large casserole pan with lid.
Make and share this Oven Beef Stew With Sweet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs lean stewing beef, cut into bite-sized cubes (trimmed of visible fat)
- 3 carrots, sliced (or 3 cups baby carrots)
- 2 onions, quartered & seperated
- 3 medium sweet potatoes or 3 large sweet potatoes, cut into stew-sized wedges
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper (add more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups low sodium beef broth (add more if necessary)
- 11 ounces condensed tomato bisque soup
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a oven proof Dutch oven or large casserole pan (with lid), combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the broth and soup,MIXING WELL.
- In a seperate bowl, blend the broth with the soup and pour over meat mixture.
- Cover and bake 2 to 3 hours.
- Check after 2 hours to see if the meat is tender and cooked throughout.
- If to much liquid has evaporated, add a cup or two more of beef broth, stir the mixture and bake and additional 15 minutes.
- NOTE: When making this stew I used V-8 instead of tomato bisque. Also mixed 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 1/4 cup water to thicken broth for gravy.