Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Excellent when the weather gets chilly outside. Can serve as is in a bowl, or over noodles.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup flat beer
- 2 cups beef stock or 2 cups beef broth
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch slices
- 8 ounces medium mushrooms, halved
- In a large Dutch oven that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, add the first 12 ingredients; stir to mix well.
- Cover and bake in a 325° oven for 1 hour.
- Add beef stock, carrots, and mushrooms; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for about 1 hour longer OR until meat is very tender.
Yum yum yum!! This was super easy to put together and tasted awesome. I didnt' read the recipe properly and added the beef stock with the rest of the ingredients but it doesn't seem to have affected the overall result. This is now going to be a regular in our household - thanks for posting!