Recipe by pickypeanut davis
I recently played around and created this (kind of) It is awesome over rice or served with mashed potatoes.
- 2 beef sirloin steaks
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion
- 1 of 'knorr' beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup flour
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water then dilute bouillon cube (set aside this broth).
- Slice onion into rings, and cut up mushrooms (place in bowl and set aside).
- cut steaks to desired serving size (I cube them.).
- Coat steak pieces in flour, then salt and pepper them well.
- Heat oil in large frying pan on med high.
- Place meat in oil and sear till brown (2 minutes usually works).
- Remove meat from oil and place into a glass casserole dish.
- Leave oil on heat and and 1/4 cup of flour and stir in left over hot oil then quickly add mushrooms and onions.
- Stir in heat till browning slightly, then slowly stir in broth.
- Let this thicken slightly then pour over meat.
- In casserole dish of meat and grave stir in rosemary and celery seed.
- Cover and cook in preheated oven at 325 degrees for 2 1/2- 3 hours (meat will be very tender).