Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I recently played around and created this (kind of) It is awesome over rice or served with mashed potatoes.
- Boil water then dilute bouillon cube (set aside this broth).
- Slice onion into rings, and cut up mushrooms (place in bowl and set aside).
- cut steaks to desired serving size (I cube them.).
- Coat steak pieces in flour, then salt and pepper them well.
- Heat oil in large frying pan on med high.
- Place meat in oil and sear till brown (2 minutes usually works).
- Remove meat from oil and place into a glass casserole dish.
- Leave oil on heat and and 1/4 cup of flour and stir in left over hot oil then quickly add mushrooms and onions.
- Stir in heat till browning slightly, then slowly stir in broth.
- Let this thicken slightly then pour over meat.
- In casserole dish of meat and grave stir in rosemary and celery seed.
- Cover and cook in preheated oven at 325 degrees for 2 1/2- 3 hours (meat will be very tender).
Although the steak was very tender, It isn't something I would cook again. The seasonings made it taste more like chicken than beef.
A very good beef and gravy recipe! The only thing I had a bit of trouble with was adding the oil to the flour. I had a ball of flour so added the broth and than the mushroom/onion mix. Brought that to a boil and than poured on top of meat. The flavor was wonderful, the beef was fork tender, and we enjoyed a great dinner!
I tried your recipe today, it is excellent. I followed all of the stepts except I added a little white wine and I cooked it in the crock pot(to hot for the oven). Then I served it over noodles. A very quick and easy meal.