1/1 Photo of Oven Beef and Gravy (Awesome)
3 hrs 30 mins
pickypeanut davis's Note:
I recently played around and created this (kind of) It is awesome over rice or served with mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water then dilute bouillon cube (set aside this broth).
- 2Slice onion into rings, and cut up mushrooms (place in bowl and set aside).
- 3cut steaks to desired serving size (I cube them.).
- 4Coat steak pieces in flour, then salt and pepper them well.
- 5Heat oil in large frying pan on med high.
- 6Place meat in oil and sear till brown (2 minutes usually works).
- 7Remove meat from oil and place into a glass casserole dish.
- 8Leave oil on heat and and 1/4 cup of flour and stir in left over hot oil then quickly add mushrooms and onions.
- 9Stir in heat till browning slightly, then slowly stir in broth.
- 10Let this thicken slightly then pour over meat.
- 11In casserole dish of meat and grave stir in rosemary and celery seed.
- 12Cover and cook in preheated oven at 325 degrees for 2 1/2- 3 hours (meat will be very tender).
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Beef and Gravy (Awesome)
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.6
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 315.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g