Recipe by Nummers
Loosely based on the "chicken-liquid-covered pan" paradigm popularized by canned foods manufacturers. Serve with breadstuffs and relax your table manners to allow slurping and sopping. Works well with pre-seasoned black beans but these can be too salty. Use more salsa if you like.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- spices (garlic, chile pepper powder, jalapenos...)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into one-inch chunks
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar and mozzarella work well)
- 1 1⁄2 cups bottled salsa, separated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a deep-sided casserole pan. Drain liquid from beans.
- Mix beans, spices, chicken chunks, cheese, and one-half cup of salsa in the pan.
- Spread one cup of salsa over the top.
- Cover and bake for about 35 minutes or so.