Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I adapted this recipe to my liking from one on good eats.
- 6 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 -4 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Place each slab of baby back ribs on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, shiny side down. Sprinkle each side generously with the dry rub. Pat the dry rub into the meat. Refrigerate the ribs for a minimum of 1 hour. Combine all ingredients for the braising liquid. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Open one end of the foil on each slab and pour half of the braising liquid into each foil packet. Tilt the baking sheet to distribute the braising liquid. Braise the ribs in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- You can use this for country style ribs just increase the time by
- 1 1/2 hour or Boston butts by Increaseing the time by 2 1/2 hours.