Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is an easy go-to recipe that has been around for a long time. It is a nice one for those days when you want a BBQ flavour but don't feel like digging the BBQ out of the snow. Serve it up with some fluffy rice and a tossed salad.
- 6 pork chops (1/2 inch thick work well)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (adjust to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chops in a shallow baking pan.
- Mix all the rest of the ingredients to create the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the chops.
- Bake for 11/2 hours.
These were tasty and I love that the recipe called for things I already have in my kitchen. They did smell heavenly cooking. I was a little unsure of adding the water. I had 8 pork chops so I doubled the sauce to make sure that I would have some to use over the meat. I don't think that was necessary. Or, maybe I could have doubled everything except for the extra cup of water. It made a LOT of sauce so think next time I will not double it. Pretty good and a nice, easy dish to put together.
This was so delicious and tender! I did decease the cooking time to 1 hour based on the size of my chops. They were nice and tender and full of flavor. We enjoyed the sweetness of this dish and plan to prepare it often. Thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2011
Hi, It's a good simple dinner for weeknights. Thanks for the suggestion.