Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is so easy to prepare. Save the leftovers and have brisket sandwiches.
Make and share this Oven BBQ Brisket recipe from Food.com.
- With a small knife, pierce top and sides of brisket 1 inch deep every 2 inches.
- Insert garlic slice in each cut.
- Place meat, fat side up, in shallow baking pan.
- Pour 1 cup beer over meat.
- Cover with foil and bake at 300°F for 2 hours.
- Remove meat from pan.
- Drain liquid, reserving 1/2-cup.
- Return meat and reserved liquid to pan.
- Combine remaining beer, barbecue sauce.
- Pour over meat.
- Continue baking, uncovered, for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Variation; Add a small can of green chiles, put it through the blender and mix with the barbecue sauce and then do the recipe the same way.
This was so good BUT after following directions it was still very tough. Once it cooled a little I sliced it and put it back into the barbecue sauce and then covered it up and cooked another 2 hours. Delicious!! This one is a keeper. Thanks for sharing.