Recipe by T. Woolfe
Another make ahead but most of mine are. I have no idea of the true cut name, but they were on sale for a bit under a buck a pound. SOLD, 3 pounds of them. roughly 3/4"crossgrain X9"X3" half with a gothic F shaped bone, all with sharply defined meat and fat. Went Great with Potato Salad.
Top Review by spaceace
Great recipe! I actually just used it as a base for my own idea... instead of using the marinade, I used my homemade BBQ sauce and instead of the Kosher salt, I used fleur de sel, an unrefined gourmet French salt. Turned out GREAT!
- 3 lbs country pork strips (what they called them)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons roasted garlic, just the pulp
- 1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate (unmixed frozen)
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything and coat both sides of Pork.
- Lay the coated strips on a parchment covered sheet pan with sides.
- This worked for me and avoided that messy cleanup.
- Let marinade room at temp for half an hour.
- Bake in a 275 oven for about 90 min, turning once.
- Remove the meat, pour off any grease, put a flat rack on the pan, return meat laying now on the rack.
- Run the oven up to 450F bake for about 10 minutes more to crisp.