Recipe by SusieQ222
My mum did this and I've made them since. The sauce would go well with chicken or ribs, but it takes the question out of what to do with turkey wings. Plus it's a change from the usual and it tastes good.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large red onion, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 (1 1/2 lb) turkey wings
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, melt butter. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft.
- Stir in chili powder and cook one minute.
- Add ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice, salt basil, pepper and Tabasco. Stirring constantly, bring sauce to a simmer.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Place turkey pieces in large roasting pan. Pour sauce evenly over pieces. Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for two hours.
- Remove foil and continue baking for 20 minutes.
- Remove turkey to serving platter. Skim excess fat from sauce in pan. Spoon sauce over turkey or serve separately. You will get one serving per wing.