Recipe by Irmgard
An economical meal with a scrumptious sauce. Wonderful served with rice or mashed potatoes. This is also good made with turkey wings.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 3 lbs turkey drumsticks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small, heavy saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Cook the onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened but not brown.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the sugar.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the ketchup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, chili powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Arrange the drumsticks in a single layer in a 9x13-inch non-aluminum baking dish.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the top.
- Cover and bake in a 350°F oven, basting occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Skim off any fat from the sauce.
- Uncover and bake for 45 minutes longer or until tender and the juices run clear when the turkey is pierced with a knife.