Recipe by Bonnie LaBrake
Another magazine recipe. I found this one in the 1996 July/August issue of Reminisce. I thought it was a very good recipe. A little time involved, but well worth it.
- 6 lbs pork spareribs
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 -5 teaspoons liquid smoke (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces.
- Place with bone side down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Drain ribs.
- Pour sauce over all.
- Cover and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender.
- Uncover, bake 30 minutes longer, brushing several times with sauce.