Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
I cut this recipe out of a local newspaper. I had all the ingredients on hand. It came out moist and flavorful. The whole family loved it!
- 3 lbs rolled boneless pork loin
- 3 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2⁄3 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat Dutch oven or heavy ovenproof pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Trim fat from pork. Make deep slits in roast and insert garlic slice. Rub thyme over roast.
- In small saucepan coat with spray.Add onion and cook over medium heat stirring until slightly softened. Add tomato paste, chicken, vinegar, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, paprika, and Cayenne pepper. Stir to combine and heat through.
- Place pork in pot, and pour sauce over. Cover and bake one and a half to 2 hours until tender. Remove lid final 15 minutes to reduce sauce slightly. Slice thinly when cooled. Spoon sauce over slices and serve.