Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
When you want barbecue in the winter this might do the trick.
- 8 pork chops
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup carbonated cola (soda, pop)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a shallow pan with cooking spray.
- Season chops with pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder.
- Place in pan leaving room between chops for sauce.
- In a small bowl mix ketchup & cola.
- Pour over chops.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes or until tender.
- 8 servings.
Very good. The aroma while cooking was wonderful and the chops were moist. Baked for about 1 hour at 375. I added 2 Tbl Worchestershire, 2 tsp dry mustard, 4 tsp cider vinegar and 4 cloves garlic plus doubled Katha's recipe. Family and guests gave it 5 stars. Thanks for an easy and delicious dinner.
These were really good, I thought cooking with cola to be kinda weird, but it tasted great, and was easy to prepare. I only baked them for about 50 min. 1 hr 10 min would have been too long. The pan is still soaking though, a bit messy.