Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Eating Well.
- 1 1⁄2-1 3⁄4 lbs pork chops (bone in, 3/4-inch thick rib chops, trimmed of fat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Using 2 t. oil, brown the pork chops until beginning to brown, about 1-2 minute per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Using last teaspoons of oil, cook onion until softened (3-4 minutes). Add garlic; cook about 30 seconds more. Add juice and cook until it's nearly evaporated, 30-60 seconds. Stir in bbq sauce. Return chops to pan, turning several times to coat with sauce.
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake until done. Recipe says 145 degrees on instant read thermometer, 6-10 min, barely pink. (I don't want any pink in my chops. Bleck.) Turn them over, only once, during cooking time to produce more tender chops.
Loved these chops and something different from the same old thing! The trick to tender chops is to cook them on one side and then turn them just once.
What a great recipe. I used apple juice in place of orange for DH and I have to say that it came out delicious. We both loved the flavor but the tenderloin chops (what I had) were on the tough side. This might not happen with the bone in chops ask for and I'm not blaming that on the recipe at all since I made the change. I've already been ask to make it again soon. Made for Adopt a Tag '09.