- 1 1⁄2-1 3⁄4 lbs pork chops (bone in, 3/4-inch thick rib chops, trimmed of fat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Using 2 t. oil, brown the pork chops until beginning to brown, about 1-2 minute per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Using last teaspoons of oil, cook onion until softened (3-4 minutes). Add garlic; cook about 30 seconds more. Add juice and cook until it's nearly evaporated, 30-60 seconds. Stir in bbq sauce. Return chops to pan, turning several times to coat with sauce.
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake until done. Recipe says 145 degrees on instant read thermometer, 6-10 min, barely pink. (I don't want any pink in my chops. Bleck.) Turn them over, only once, during cooking time to produce more tender chops.