Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Very cool recipe! This is a old PA Dutch recipe I believe, and everyone seems to LOVE them! You can serve with rice, on sandwiches, etc. 8)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine the meat, egg, 3/4 cup crumbs, salt, pepper, and the onion; mix well.
- Mix sugar, catsup, nutmeg, and mustard; add half to the meat mixture.
- Mix well, and form meat into 6 balls. Place in 3-inch muffin cups.
- Top the meatballs with the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with the leftover cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.