Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great for a rainy day!
Make and share this Oven BARBECUED Hot Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- 12 hot dogs, scored diagonally
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Heat oven to 325.
- Put the hot dogs in a 12 x 8 x 2" baking dish.
- In medium saucepan,saute the onion in the butter,until tender.
- When tender,remove from burner,add in remaining ingredients.
- Stir,combining well.
- Pour mixture over hot dogs.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Great idea !! I have made hot dogs smothered in sweet sour sauce before,I never thought to put them in the oven. I scored the dogs, but left them whole and served on buns, but I know that this would work great in a crockpot for a potluck take along meal.
A New and More interesting way of eating hot dogs! Instead of making in the oven I did it on top of the stove. I just cut the hot dogs up and threw them in the sauce. I also added cheese. thanks for dressing up a childhood favorite.
These were awesome! Made plain old hot dogs zippy and tangy! I added more onions and a bit more sugar. mmmm.....Thanks!