Recipe by Gwen35
A co-worker of mine from many years ago passed this recipe on to me. I think it is great, but I have tweaked it up a bit. Her original recipe calls for butterfly chops, but I prefer bone-in chops. I find them a bit more tender. You may find it needs a bit more liquid during the cooking process, and water will do fine. Great served with herbed whole green beans and either mashed or parslied red boiled potatoes.
Top Review by nemokitty
Oh my!! This deserves more than 5 stars. Talk about melt in your mouth. The chops were SO tender and delicious! I used bone-in and onion powder instead of flakes. I baked it for 1 hour. I will make these again and again and again!!! Made for PAC Spring 2011.
- 2 -4 pork chops, 1-inch thick (bone-in or butterfly)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce, bottled
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic (granulated or powder, not garlic salt)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce