Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A co-worker of mine from many years ago passed this recipe on to me. I think it is great, but I have tweaked it up a bit. Her original recipe calls for butterfly chops, but I prefer bone-in chops. I find them a bit more tender. You may find it needs a bit more liquid during the cooking process, and water will do fine. Great served with herbed whole green beans and either mashed or parslied red boiled potatoes.
- 2 -4 pork chops, 1-inch thick (bone-in or butterfly)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce, bottled
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic (granulated or powder, not garlic salt)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chops in an oven-safe dish in a single layer.
- Stir remaining ingredients together and pour over chops.
- Cover and bake for one hour.
- Uncover and continue baking for about 10 minutes, basting occasionally.
Oh my!! This deserves more than 5 stars. Talk about melt in your mouth. The chops were SO tender and delicious! I used bone-in and onion powder instead of flakes. I baked it for 1 hour. I will make these again and again and again!!! Made for PAC Spring 2011.