Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 4 mins
These are good at a party, picnic, or family supper, and can be made in the oven year round.
Make and share this Oven-Barbecued Chicken Wings recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bend the wings and tuck the tips under the large joint to form a triangle.
- Season the chicken wings on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Set wings in a single layer in a large roasting or baking pan. Use two pans if you have to.
- Bake the chicken wings, turning once, until browned, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven.
- Pour off all the fat from the pan. If necessary, blot the wings with paper towels.
- Return the wings to the pan.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken wings and return to the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the wings over and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold.
I tried these wings several times using different barbecue sauces. Each time they were delicious and great to take along for a tail gate party. We liked them with a sweet sauce better than a real tangy one.
I used Sweet Baby Rays new Sweet and Spicy barbecue sauce and they were excellent! Nice and crispy and gooey at 1 hr.
Great recipe and great method for baking wings with a sauce. Pouring the fat from the baking pans and adding the sauce towards the end of the cooking time is the trick. I used two pans because you don't want to crowd the wings. I used Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce. Delicious, thank you for sharing.