Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
Another family favorite!! You could always cook the chicken on the grill...just prepare the grill by brushing the grill grate lightly with oil, arrange the chicken on the grill, and cook, covered, for 45 minutes or until cooked through. Follow the rest of the recipe instructions.
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) whole chickens, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder (I like Colman's Dry Mustard Powder)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (ground red pepper)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients except the chicken. Reserve 1/3 cup of the barbecue sauce; set aside.Add the chicken pieces to the remaining sauce in the bowl, turning to coat.
- Arrange the coated chicken in a roasting pan. Cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until cooked through, basting with the reserved 1/3 cup sauce after 20 minutes.