1/3 Photos of Oven-Barbecued Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
Cooking Beast's Note:
This delicious dish is adapted from Cooking in a Casserole by Robert Ackart (1973). The whiskey gives the BBQ sauce a special zip. This recipe calls for chicken breasts, but you may use any part of the chicken that you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken breast halves, boneless
- 1Flour mixture: combine all ingredients in a paper or plastic bag. Coat chicken pieces one at a time in bag.
- 2Lightly oil a cookie sheet with olive oil. Spread flour-coated chicken pieces evenly on sheet.
- 3Combine the sauce ingredients. Using a brush, coat the chicken pieces with sauce.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F Bake small pieces like legs for 60 minutes. Larger pieces like breasts may take up to 90 minutes. Every 30 minutes, turn the pieces over and coat with BBQ sauce. Give a final coat just before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Barbecued Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 1463.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 17.7 g