Recipe by lilcarolinafan
Easy to prepare and VERY Delicious (from the Taste of Home Cookbook)
Top Review by Pneuma
I don't know why it's called barbecue when it's saucy ;) But nevertheless, love the smell while the onions/vinegar mixture was being cooked and all the more when they were baked in the oven. The wonderful balsamic taste with the worcestershire sauce/onions can be tasted and it's wonderful served with rice. Made and enjoyed! Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous dish! Made for Spring PAC 2009.
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken over medium heat. Transfer to a 13-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Remove skillet from stovetop and recoat with cooking spray; cook onion over medium heat until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.