Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From a little cookbook put out by the FFA/HERO. I love this cookbook it's full of great recipes. Recipe originally called for 3 cups of water, but I tried that and it is too thin, so I've revised the measurements to 2 cups.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Brown chicken in oil in skillet.
- Arrange in 8 x 12-inch baking dish.
- Saute' onion and celery in pan drippings until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients with 2 cups water.
- Simmer for 15 minutes; skim.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/4 hours or until tender, basting several times.