Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
The homemade barbecue sauce is a perfect balance of sweet and sour with the tang of onion and mustard.
- cooking oil
- 3 -4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet; fry chicken until browned. Drain; place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in baking dish.
- In a saucepan, saute butter in onion until tender; stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Pour over chicken. Bake at 350° about 1 hour or until chicken is done, basting occasionally.
I scaled for 3 serves and used 7 drumsticks/chicken legs and well it was finger licking good, the sauce was sweet and tangy and well we were wishing there was some more, thank you looneytunesfan, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.