Recipe by Nova Scotia Cook
Before discovering Zaar, I had a a terrible habit of printing off recipes from other sights or clipping them from magazines and newspapers anticipating making them in the future. This particular recipe I printed in Sept/03 and decided to make it yesterday Jan.10/06 as I wanted to try something a bit different with chicken. It is from another site - southernfood.about.com and was very simple to make. My hubby was the taste tester for this particular dish and it must have met with his approval as there was a note on the kitchen table when I got home today that said - "Hope there is chicken left for me for dinner tomorrow. It is really, really good."
Top Review by Lori Mama
Moist and delicious. I dusted the chicken pieces with flour, so the sauce wouldn't be so loose. I also baked covered for 1/2 hour and uncovered for another 1/2 hour and basted occasionally. :)
- 3 lbs chicken parts
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle chicken with a bit of salt & pepper and place in a shallow casserole dish.
- Pour heated sauce over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, basting occasionally.