Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this once when looking for something different for chicken breasts that did not call for a lot of ingredients you would not have on hand. I was quite surpirised by the results,this was pretty tasty! I used less onion as i did not have 4 left at that particular time,so i don't know if 4 large onions is too much, it sounds like alot. Got the recipe from an Elementary School Cookbook i bought when my niece was little.
- 4 -6 chicken breasts (I used boneless)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 large onions
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Coat chicken using a mixture of the first four ingredients.
- Fry in 1/2 cup oil until browned all over.
- Cook remaining ingredients in saucepan until onions are tender.
- Pour over chicken and bake at 350 for 1-1 1/2 hours.
WOW!! Thanks for the post. I I used only 2 onions and fryed in EVOO and it turned out sooooo good. Thanks for the recipe.