Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is from Southern Living's Bar-B-Que issue. If you prefer your own sauce, you'll need about 4-5 cups of it (enough to thoroughly drench the brisket).
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 1⁄4 cups cola drink (Coke)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package French onion soup mix
- 3 -4 lbs beef brisket, trimmed
- In a medium glass bowl, stir together the first four ingredients.
- Place the brisket fat side up in a 13x9 inch baking dish lined with aluminum foil.
- Pour the sauce over the brisket and cover with another piece of foil, sealing it with the foil underneath.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 3 hours. Remove and let stand 20 minutes. To serve, slice and pour sauce over meat.
My name is Wava. happy to meet you. Thank you Kisskiss for this wonderful recipe. I use to BBQ briskets all the time when I lived in Texas back in the 70s. I did them on a 55 gallon oil drum grill very slow burning mesquite logs and it took me 8 and sometime 10 hours. Also they were whole briskets... I tried this recipe with one change, instead if the cola I used 2 cans of beer and some brown sugar. This was very delicious. I intend on serving this at my 1st BBQ of the season in 2012, I live back home in Indiana now, so have to wait out Oldman Winter. lol