Recipe by Doglover61(aka Earnhardt)
This is a recipe I had written down in an old cookbook and decided to try it one afternoon. It was a hit!! I fixed it with hashbrown casserole and a salad and it disappeared in a flash!
Top Review by Laurie H.
Delicious, but needs more liquid to start -- at least half the soup can of water. Probably also cover with foil for part of cooking time. I used 5-lb meat and after 2hrs, there was no way to "drain off fat" and barely enough sauce even to spread over all the meat. BTW: I used cream of celery because that's what I had!
- 4 -6 lbs beef roast
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- toasted onion hamburger buns or hoagie roll
Directions See How It's Made
- In roasting pan, cover meat with cream of chicken soup.
- Cover with barbecue sauce.
- Cover all with the dry soup mix.
- Cover and bake in 350 oven for about 2 hours or until tender enough to slice.
- For shredded meat, bake about 3 hours or until very tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Slice or shred and serve on buns.
- Spoon gravy from roaster over the meat in the sandwiches.