Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large onions, peel and slice in thin half julienne
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 8 large plum tomatoes, cut in lengthwise rings of about 1/2 cm thickness
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, medium-sized, slice in crosswise into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Add 1 tsp of thyme and 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper to the onions and remove from heat.
- Arrange the tomatoes, zucchini and onion slices in orderly rows across the width of 2 1/2 qt shallow baking dish preferably clay. (Can use glass baking dish).
- In small bowl, combine remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper and mix it all together. Drizzle over vegetables.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil. Bake for 15 minutes; uncover, and bake another 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Lovely use of garden fresh produce! It's colorful too. I paired with baked fish for a ZWT8 meal. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Yummmm, dh wanted to give this lovely simple dish 10*;s. It is so good, quick and easy to make. The zuchinni and tomatoes were so tender and flavorful while the onion was beautifully carmalized. Thanks for sharing this wonderful dish that we will be enjoying often. Made for Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - France.
I used all the ingredients listed, but I was not too orderly, just threw them in a glass baking dish. I also added some yellow squash as I had it on hand. It turned out great and the flavor was great (did add a few red pepper flakes for a little pop). Had it with fish and it was a nice side dish. Made for ZWT8