Oven-Baked Zucchini and Tomato (Tian from Provence)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Add 1 tsp of thyme and 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper to the onions and remove from heat.
- Arrange the tomatoes, zucchini and onion slices in orderly rows across the width of 2 1/2 qt shallow baking dish preferably clay. (Can use glass baking dish).
- In small bowl, combine remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper and mix it all together. Drizzle over vegetables.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil. Bake for 15 minutes; uncover, and bake another 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender; let stand 10 minutes before serving.