1/1 Photo of Oven-Baked Wild Rice Pilaf With Mushrooms
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 35 mins
From the November/December issue of Vegetarian Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, white and green parts thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 tsp)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice
- 1/4 cup madeira wine
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks and cook for 5 minutes or unil soft, stirring often.
- 3Raise heat to medium, add mushrooms and cook for 7 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms begin to brown.
- 4Srir in garlic and thyme, and cook 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 5Stir in rice. Add wine and soy sauce, simmer 2 minutes or until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed. Add broth and 1 cup of water and return to a simmer.
- 6Place lid on Dutch oven and bake 45 minutes. Remove lid, and bake 30 minutes more or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 7Remove from oven, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- 8Fold in peas and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Wild Rice Pilaf With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.8
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 183.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth