1/1 Photo of Oven-Baked Wild Rice Pilaf With Mushrooms
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 35 mins
From the November/December issue of Vegetarian Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, white and green parts thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 tsp)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice
- 1/4 cup madeira wine
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks and cook for 5 minutes or unil soft, stirring often.
- 3Raise heat to medium, add mushrooms and cook for 7 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms begin to brown.
- 4Srir in garlic and thyme, and cook 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 5Stir in rice. Add wine and soy sauce, simmer 2 minutes or until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed. Add broth and 1 cup of water and return to a simmer.
- 6Place lid on Dutch oven and bake 45 minutes. Remove lid, and bake 30 minutes more or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 7Remove from oven, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- 8Fold in peas and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Wild Rice Pilaf With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.8
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 183.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth