Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this in a holiday issue of "Taste of Home". It looked easy so gave it a try. The whole family including those picky DGSs enjoyed so thought I'd post it here to save and maybe others will enjoy.
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 118.29 ml sweet red pepper, chopped
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml swiss cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 170.09 g cooked ham, cubed
- 78.07 ml water
- In a 10 in ovenproof skillet, saute onions and red pepper in oil for 5 minutes.
- In bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, ham and water.
- Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Bake uncovered, at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until set.
I doubled this so I could freeze some for future breakfasts. I used green and red peppers and regular onions. I used a cup mixture of the three. I used real bacon bits instead of ham and cheddar instead of swiss as that is what I had on hand. We really liked this. I cooked mine in a 13 x 9 pan and cooked it for 30 minutes at 350 and it was perfect. This also froze really well.
Loved this easy breakfast. Only did 4 eggs for the two of us. 350 for 12 min. oven off then topped with tomatoes and cheese and 2 min. in the oven to melt the cheese. Great with toast and homemade grape jelly.
This was great and so easy to make for one or a bunch! Served with a little hot sauce and tomato jam. Made fot PAC Spring 2013.