Recipe by Judikins
When I lived in Washington, we had these regularly when the Walla Walla "sweets" came in. They are deliciious and it's so simple! Makes a great appetizer or side dish.
- 1 walla walla onion (or sweet onion)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 beef bouillon cube (I prefer Trader Joe's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel outer dry skin from onion and wash.
- Cut hole in top of onion large enough to put boullion cube and butter.
- Fill with cube with butter then boullion cube or crystals.
- Place onion on aluminum foil and wrap around onion with slight "vent" in top.
- Bake for 1 hour.