Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These enchiladas live up to their name, add in some crushed chili flakes for some heat if desired
Top Review by rickoholic83
Excellent! I deconstructed the enchiladas and made this into a casserole. I lined the pan with white corn tortillas and topped with half the filling. Added another layer of tortillas and the second half of filling. Finished with one last layer of tortillas and topped them with the remaining picante sauce and the cheese. Put in the oven until it was warmed through and the cheese was melted. Used the recommended toppings and it made for an excellent dinner. Thanks for sharing, Kitten!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion (optional)
- 3 -4 cloves fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped and squeezed dry
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste (I use seasoned salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (reduced-fat is okay)
- flour tortilla, warmed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained and diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (more if desired, reduced-fat cheese is okay)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- 1⁄2 cup diced avocado
- 1 cup sour cream (reduced fat is okay is okay)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey with onions and garlic (if using) until no longer pink, breaking into small pieces with a spoon.
- Add in 1 cup of Pincante sauce, spinach, 1-1/2 tsp cumin, salt, and the diced tomatoes. (tomatoes can be slightly drained for a less thinner mixture).
- Cook, and stir for 5 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add in the cream cheese, stirring just until melted and combined.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of filling down the center of each warmed tortilla; roll up, and place seam-side down in a the prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl combine the remaining 1 cup of Picante sauce and the remaining 1/2 tsp cumin, then spoon over the enchiladas.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until hot.
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese, return to the oven, and bake for 5 minutes more, or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with toppings that are listed, or top with your favorite toppings.