1/1 Photo of Oven-Baked Turkey-Spinach Enchiladas Extraordinaire
These enchiladas live up to their name, add in some crushed chili flakes for some heat if desired
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion (optional)
- 3 -4 cloves fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped and squeezed dry
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste (I use seasoned salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (reduced-fat is okay)
- flour tortilla, warmed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained and diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (more if desired, reduced-fat cheese is okay)
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey with onions and garlic (if using) until no longer pink, breaking into small pieces with a spoon.
- 4Add in 1 cup of Pincante sauce, spinach, 1-1/2 tsp cumin, salt, and the diced tomatoes. (tomatoes can be slightly drained for a less thinner mixture).
- 5Cook, and stir for 5 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 6Add in the cream cheese, stirring just until melted and combined.
- 7Spoon about 1/3 cup of filling down the center of each warmed tortilla; roll up, and place seam-side down in a the prepared baking dish.
- 8In a bowl combine the remaining 1 cup of Picante sauce and the remaining 1/2 tsp cumin, then spoon over the enchiladas.
- 9Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until hot.
- 10Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese, return to the oven, and bake for 5 minutes more, or until the cheese is melted.
- 11Top with toppings that are listed, or top with your favorite toppings.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Turkey-Spinach Enchiladas Extraordinaire
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.0
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 133.5 mg
- Sodium 1154.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 27.0 g