Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A fuss-free family meal that will you'll want to make again and again, with a lovely coconut taste.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bitesize strips
- 4 tablespoons green curry paste, use less for a milder taste
- 8 ounces long grain and wild rice blend, rinsed
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into small peices
- 1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1 ounce cilantro leaf, to serve
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Heat the oil in a shallow ovenproof casserole dish, then soften the onion for 5 minutes
- Add the chicken and curry paste, then cook for 3 mins, stirring to coat.
- Tip in the rice and peppers, then stir in the lime zest and juice, coconut milk and 1 cup boiling water. Bring to the boil, then pop the lid on and bake for 20 mins until the rice is fluffy. Season to taste.
- Scatter with cilantro before serving.