Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Found this on Facebook. This taco recipe is the basic recipe using ground beef, beans, onions, tomatoes and cheese. These made 12 tacos, using corn tortilla shells. You can always substitute, ground chicken or ground turkey for the beef.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed or 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning or 2 -3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 hard taco shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, roughly chopped
- cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add onion and garlic – saute for about 5 minutes until soft. Add beef and taco seasoning, cooking until meat is browned. Add beans and salsa. Mix well and let cook for a couple of minutes so that the flavors can meld and the mixture can thicken.
- In a large 9×13″ baking pan, line up all the taco shells. Fill each one with a couple of scoops of the beef mixture and pack down into the shell. Repeat until all the shells are filled. Add olives and tomatoes.Top each taco with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (or until all the cheese is melted).
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings (tomatoes, lettuce, olives, sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo , hot sauce, or whatever you like!).