Recipe by WaterMelon
Guilt-free snack! These chips are made without any fat. For attractive circular chips, look for sweet potatoes that are round rather than long. I think these are even yummier than regular potato chips...
Top Review by LuvBeinHere
I've never given a negative review but I have to say that these were tasteless, a waste of sweet potatoes. The only flavor that came through was the salt and pepper. My hubby agreed.
- 1 large sweet potato, unpeeled, washed, and dried (about 9 ounces)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 200°F with two racks.
- Line two baking pans with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Slice potato crosswise, as thin as possible.
- Arrange the slices on the prepared sheets, and keep them from touching as much as possible.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 50 minutes.
- Slices will dehydrate and shrink; turn chips over, and rotate baking sheets if needed for even cooking.
- Cook until slices are crisped and fluted around the edges and the centers are still orange, not brown, 30 to 40 more minutes.
- Transfer to cooling racks, and cool chips on baking sheets.
- (Chips will be soft when removed from oven and will crisp as they cool.) Store in an airtight container, at room temperature, up to 3 days.