1/3 Photos of Oven Baked Sweet Potato Chips
1 hr 29 mins
1 hr 19 mins
Guilt-free snack! These chips are made without any fat. For attractive circular chips, look for sweet potatoes that are round rather than long. I think these are even yummier than regular potato chips...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large sweet potato, unpeeled, washed, and dried (about 9 ounces)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat oven to 200°F with two racks.
- 2Line two baking pans with parchment paper, and set aside.
- 3Slice potato crosswise, as thin as possible.
- 4Arrange the slices on the prepared sheets, and keep them from touching as much as possible.
- 5Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- 6Cook for 50 minutes.
- 7Slices will dehydrate and shrink; turn chips over, and rotate baking sheets if needed for even cooking.
- 8Cook until slices are crisped and fluted around the edges and the centers are still orange, not brown, 30 to 40 more minutes.
- 9Transfer to cooling racks, and cool chips on baking sheets.
- 10(Chips will be soft when removed from oven and will crisp as they cool.) Store in an airtight container, at room temperature, up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Baked Sweet Potato Chips
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g