Recipe by Amanda in Adelaide
I adapted this from a recipe I found in a Marie Claire cookbook. It is dead simple, but does need a little careful watching towards the end to prevent it from getting too dry.
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
We liked this, but the texture didn't seem like risotto--it was too sticky. I've had much better results cooking risotto in the microwave. The sweet potato was great, but next time I'd use ham or bacon instead of chicken. I subbed 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme for the fresh thyme.
- 473.18 ml arborio rice
- 700 g diced sweet potatoes
- 1182.95 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml butter
- 473.18 ml diced cooked chicken
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 190°C.
- Put rice, sweet potato, stock and butter in oven proof dish. Seal with foil or place on a well fitting lid.
- Cook for 30 minutes, then check and stir. Cook further 5 minutes.
- Remove, add chicken, cheese, thyme, salt and pepper and stir until creamy.
- Serve immediately.