Recipe by Ang11002
MMMM! I love plantains, especially sweet ones. This is a lower fat method of making "maduros" without the use of oil and frying in a pan.
Top Review by CassiaDawn
These were very good, and a nice alternative to frying in a ton of oil! I find with plantains, it's better to go by the feel as well as the color. I've bought plenty of yellow/black plantains that were still very firm, and not very sweet when cooked. It's best to make sure they're starting to feel a little soft when purchased (like a nicely ripe banana), because then never really seem to ripen/soften fully by siting out on the counter!
- 4 very ripe plantains (when the skin is yellow with spots of black they're perfect)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut the ends off of the plantains and peel.
- Cut each plantain on the diagonal into 1/2 inch slices.
- Arrange in single layer and coat tops with cooking spray.
- Bake, turning occasionally, for 10-15 minutes, until plantains are golden brown and very tender.