Found this neat recipe in "The Ultimate Ice Cream Book" and thought how neat to share with you guys here. These cones taste somewhat like fortune cookies and are very sturdy.They're easiest to make if you have a nonstick cookie sheet and cone-shaped molds. Cone shaped molds are currently being sold at http://kasbahouse.com/1.pizelle.1.htm for about $7 not including s/h or any applicable taxes.
My Private Note
cones o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, beat the sugar into the egg until it is pale yellow. Beat in the butter, vanilla, and milk. Gently stir in the flour.
- 3Grease a large non-stick cookie sheet and spread 1/2 tbsp of the batter into a 6-inch circle using a thin, flexible spatula. Dipping the spatula in water first makes this job easier. The batter will spread about 1/2 inch while baking, so keep the circles about 1-inch apart. Fit as many circles as you can on 1 cookie sheet.
- 4Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and use a large metal spatula to remove 1 cookie from the sheet. Handling it carefully so as not to burn your hands, immediately wrap the hot, pliable cookie around a cone shaped mold, sealing the point. Repeat with the remaining cookies. The cookies will harden as they cool, so work as quickly as possible. Let the cookie sheet cool and repeat the process with the remaining batter. Remove the cones from the molds when completely cooled.
- 5*** Variation - for Bowl Cones***.
- 6Invert 4 small , clean, identical bowls to use as molds. Place the hot cookies directly over the bottoms of the bowls. The cookies will fall around the sides of the bowls and harden as they cool. When cool enough to handle, carefully remove the cones from the bowls and repeat with any remaining warm cookies.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Sugar Cones for Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 33.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g