Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is so easy and yummy
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups carrots
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 425°. In 2-1/2-quart shallow casserole, toss beef with flour, then bake uncovered 20 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Add carrots, tomatoes and bay leaf, then Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix blended with wine.
- Bake covered 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Stir in mushrooms and bake covered an additional 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Serve over hot noodles.
- SLOW COOKER METHOD: In slow cooker, toss beef with flour. Add carrots, tomatoes, Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix and wine. Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or High 4 to 6 hours. Add mushrooms; cook covered on Low 30 minutes or until beef is tender.